It is quite common for trends to come and go with each new generation. Fashion, music, slang and even a persons lifestyle, how they live their life is affected by these fads or trends. Toys and recreational past times are no exception. In the days of old, 5-10 years ago, everyone wanted an electric scooter or a gas scooter.
No one wants plain old electric scooters anymore, they don’t want just gas powered scooter; the trend today is to get an X-Treme Scooter. An X-Treme Scooter is versatile, quick and can go the distance.
With growing popularity, X-Treme Scooters is filling that need.
- 1. X-Treme scooters are versatile: When you look for a scooter, whether it is a gas scooter or an electric scooter, you want to be able to fold it down fo easy storage. The foldable electric scooters are popular among college students, mariners, campers and most popular among those with an RV.
- 2. X-Treme Scooters are quick: All X-Treme Scooters are quick for their assigned task. It is important to note that the speed you get with your x-treme scooter is dependent on such variables as
- a. The weight that the scooter is carrying.
- b. The terrain that the scooter is going over.
- c. The weather conditions – wind, rain ..etc.
- d. Maintenance: The condition, and charge if electric, of the scooter – always check tire pressure, oil/grease chain. If gas scooter, clean air filter, wipe plug and make sure gas tank has no debris buildup.
- 3. How far can X-Treme Scooters Go? Well, that really depends on the type and model. But that is not all. For electric scooters, you need to go a little deeper than just the description.
- a. Watts does not always equal power: When you see an electric scooter and it says 250,350,500 and some boast 750 up 1000 watt motors, how can you really be sure you’re getting what you paid for? Every electric scooter motor has a plate on it for identification. On the plate is the actual output rating for that motor. I have seen 500 watt scooters listed as 750 and 1000 watt. Be careful.
- b. Voltage does not always equal power: If you have the wattage, you need the batteries to support the wattage. In the old days, everything was either an 8 volt or a single 12 volt system. Over the years, x-treme scooters have evolved into 24, 36 and 48 volt systems. Traditional electric scooters these days will have either 12 or 24 volt systems. When you see a 36 volt system, that will give you a minute increase in power, but the real advantage is distance and torque. The more voltage, the longer your scooter will run and the more weight your scooter will be able to cary.
- c. The Controller Is Key: What is the controller? The controller is the “Brain” of your scooter. Think of the processor n a computer; the controller is the processor in your scooter and without this, the scooter will not work. Though you have no choice in what controller you get, you need to make sure that the controller will work with the motor and the battery setup of your scooter. Without compatibility between these systems, your scooter can blow fuses, surge the batteries, surge the motor, or even catch fire.
Most electric scooters and gas scooters these days are made in China. There are very few companies in the United States that make their own scooters. Go-ped is the leader of this group. X-Treme Scooters are gaining popularity and are currently used in X-Treme Sports; such as the X-Games. All around the country, you can find go-ped groups springing up and races are common.
Don’t be stuck in the past, move forward in the now and enjoy life to the fullest. Get your X-Treme Scooter and have a blast. Times are changing, the next thing on the horizon is the “WAVE”. Will you be left behind?