We all know that the Ka-Bar USMC knife is one of the toughest fixed blades out there. Does their Bull Dozier knife measure up to a time-tested classic? Here are my opinions:
What I like about the knife:
1. The Bull Dozier is made with a full tang that extends all the way to the end of the handle. This feature makes the knife very strong and unlikely to break even under the toughest conditions.
2. At 6.5 inches, the clip point style blade is long enough to be a wilderness survival companion or a tactical tool for military and law enforcement. Crafted with AUS 8A stainless steel that is black powder-coated, The Bull Dozier comes shaving sharp out of the box and holds an edge very well.
3. Your fingers have protection from slipping unto the blade because of the guard and well-designed handle. The handle is not only comfortable, but very tough and unaffected by elements like rain. The outer portion is made from glass-reinforced zytel, and the inside has kraton inserts for extra-comfort.
4. The hard plastic sheath is rugged and comes with a reversible belt attachment to allow for right or left handed carry.
5. Bull Doziers come with a plain (non-serrated) edge, which allows for easy sharpening in the wilderness or emergency situations.
What I didn’t like:
I would like to see this same knife available with a silver blade and at least partial serrations.
The Ka-Bar Bull Dozier is a perfect knife for camping, hunting or military use. It is tough as nails and will last you a lifetime.